A Dynotag account is used to manage one or more Smart ID Tags and their Information.
Activation is the process that makes the Smart ID Tag property of a specific Dynotag account. It is a 3-step process.
The 1-2-3 Activation Process
You can just visit dynotag.com/activate and the system will guide you through the activation steps. Alternatively, for a new Dynotag Smart ID Tag, you can scan the QR code to get started on your phone.
- Sign into your dynotag account.
- If this is your first time, you will create a Dynotag account using your email as the account owner. Enter your basic info and when your account is created, you are signed in. You can always add more information later.
- If you already have an account, then Sign In using your account email.
- Activate Your Tag.
- Enter your tag ID and Activation code.
- Both pieces of info are visible on the Smart ID package.
- “Link” your Smart ID to an Information Record
When activating your first tag, the system will make it easy for you to just create a new record and link the tag.
You are done!
Activating Multiple Tags
Once you’ve activated your first ID tag, repeat the process for every new tag by simply choosing Activate Tag from your My Tags page.
After the first Smart ID tag you activate, you will have more choices and the option of linking a new tag to an existing information.
NOTE: If you ordered a set of identical tags (if all your tags have the same ID#), you will only have to activate one tag. All tags will share the same information as they are clones of a single tag…
Key Concepts: Information Records & Smart Tags
- The Dynotag system keeps data you enter in special “Information Records“(a.k.a. info records)
- Smart ID tags activated into your account are each “linked” to an information record. An ID tag not linked to an info record would be “Parked” in your account, meaning that the tag would be activated in your account – but it does not have any information to display.
- As you activate a Dynotag Smart ID tag, you get to choose whether you want to create a new Information Record for this tag and link the tag to it – OR – link the tag to an existing Information Record compatible with this tag.
Example “My Records” screen below shows two Medical ID Tags linked to a Medical ID record:
- To add/update information to an information record, you click the orange button next to it.
- An information record is organized into “Sections”.
- You always start editing a record on its “Basic Information” section. Click the button to view and update other information sections in your record.
- Every Dynotag Smart ID Tag is owned by a single account. Only that account can update the information contents and security setup related to that tag.
- One account can own/hold tags for multiple people (example: Mom manages all the tags for younger kids, as well as grandparents).
When a Smart Tag is viewed, it shows the data in the “information record” it is linked to.
- An information record can have one or more tags linked to it. This makes setting tags up with identical information easy.
- A tag can be linked to a single record only.
- An information record must have at least one tag linked to it. Unlinking the last tag from a record will remove the record.
More information can be found at this article: The “My Records” screen.
Need an example? Check out Lisa Miller’s notes from her Dynotag Smart ID setup experience…