When you activate a new tag, you can take the default options and the system will automatically create an info record for your tag and link your tag to that record..
For example, if you are activating a physical tag that is designed as a Medical ID tag, the system will automatically create a Medical ID record and link the tag to it.
Alternatively, either during the initial activation OR anytime after, you can change the tag’s record link.
– A tag can be linked to a single record.
– A record can be linked to multiple tags.
Click the Tag ID button you want to update. This will bring up the tag’s “Tag Dashboard”.
- If the tag is already linked,to a record, you will have to “unlink” it first.
- Once unlinked, you will be given the option to either create a brand new record OR link the tag to one of the existing records of the same type. Click the radio button to make your choice and click “Save” on top.
- While the tag is not linked, the “Advanced” section can be expanded to show the “Record Type” selector. This enables your tag to switch to a different record template. For example, you can change a “Pet Tag” to become an “Internet Tag” or an “Item Tag” and deal with these kinds of records from then on.
– A tag can be unlinked from the record it is linked to. It would become “Parked”, shown in the list of unliked tags, on top of the “My Records’ screen.
– A record needs at least one tag linked to it. Unlinking the last linked tag would delete the orphaned record. Your confirmation will be requested prior to deletion.