When your overseas shipping address is a APO / FPO / DPO military address, USPS treats it as a “Domestic” address, resulting in dramatically lower shipping costs.
What are the USPS guidelines for shipping to US Military Addresses?
USPS provides the necessary information on this page. Dynotags are non-perishable, do not contain any batteries or electronics – so they are shippable to virtually any destination.
What are the US Military Addresses and their abbreviations?
- When shipping packages to military addresses, be sure to use the correct abbreviation.
- Army/Air Post Office – APO
- Fleet Post Office – FPO
- Diplomatic Post Office – DPO
- American Forces Americas – AA
- American Forces Europe – AE
- American Forces Pacific – AP
- How do I format them?
- When shipping packages to military addresses, be sure to include the correct City and State.
- City: APO, State: AE
- City: FPO, State: AP
- City: DPO, State: AE
- Will I receive customs forms?
- Yes, although pricing is like domestic shipping, USPS requires customs forms for all of these. Our shipment process will automatically prepare / attach the customs form for the physical value of the tags. Bulk of the value is in the software service – the physical tags entitle you to use the service via the provided tag – hence declared valuation.
An example, please…
Certainly! For this sample DPO address
UNIT 8400 BOX 0001
DPO AE 09498-0048