Dynotags have specific features enabling equipment asset maintenance applications without requiring additional hardware or software.
Our maintenance-free smart stickers are made of a special, tough synthetic and have a strong adhesive that binds well to clean, flat surfaces. Rich functionality offered by dynotag smart tags is included for LIFE – there are no subscription. These stickers work well for equipment setup and maintenance. In fact, any dynotag property tag can be used .
Dynotag solution does not involve dusty pads, worn out paper stickers and markers – and is used by many equipment maintenance organizations as well as rental and damage mitigation outfits, schools and others.
- The product https://dynotag.com/store/#SP_IDKIT-011 – provides four strips of 3 identical stickers per strip.
- Each strip consists of three identical stickers of one dynotag. This means each one of this product can be used to set up four extinguisher stations.
- An application would work as follows (let’s assume the user named email@example.com is the dynotag account owner).
Set-up phase: As done by you, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pick an unused sticker strip. Affix one sticker from a given strip to the fire extinguisher station (not on the extinguisher – but next to or ON its mount
- Activate the dynotag of that sticker strip into your account.
Give it a title that would help locate it easily in the “My Tags” screen, such as FE-BLDG3-L3-Z4 meaning “Fire Extinguisher at Building Three, Level 3, Zone 4” – which would uniquely identify this equipment.
- Into the dynotag affixed at that station, enter base information such as equipment brand, installation date, and a photo of the station as a “Tag Picture”. Enter as much information as possible that may come in handy later.
- Important: Enable the “LogBook” Facility of the tag and assign a password to the LogBook, such as “CHECKERS”. This will enable other people to add “Log Entries” as they check the equipment.
- Optionally stick the next sticker in the strip to a compliance register that may be kept in the central maintenance office, etc. Or, keep two unused stickers as spares for that station, or apply multiple stickers to said station, giving it more than one way to get scanned.
Note: If you do NOT want to receive an email every time a dynotag is scanned – disable “View notification email” for that tag.
Use phase. This can be done by anyone with whom you share the LogBook Password for a given dynotag. You can use the same LogBook password for all tags – or group them into zones using the same password – whichever works for your application.
Now you can tell the maintenance personnel (they do not need dynotag accounts) to maintain service logs on the equipment as follows:
Do the rounds, entering a service log entry for each equipment station as follows:
- Scan the dynotag – or enter its web address into your browser to visit its private site. Scanning the QR code is faster when one has a smartphone and good lighting.
- Verify you are looking at the right station and the unit you are checking is not tampered with.
- Add a log entry to that dynotag, entering name, the extinguisher pressure level and any other relevant information. Save the entry.
- The system will apply a timestamp automatically to the log entry – so there are no errors with time logs.
- Go to next equipment station.
The maintenance records are thus kept indefinitely and are tamper-proof by personnel checking the equipment.
Only you, the dynotag owner can update the smart tag contents. Others can only view the contents – and add a log book entry, if they know the password.
PS. – You can use the tags for HVAC equipment maintenance, door locks and other access point maintenance, pump maintenance – any area where you are currently logging maintenance. If you need a large number of tags (350+ sets) we can custom manufacture the tags with logo, etc.