It is the moment we dread – but inevitably happens – when our pet strays away…
Things to verify on your pet’s Smart Tag Record when your pet goes missing:
- Sign in to your dynotag account and click your Pet’s record to review its contents -making sure the address, phone number and other information in your pet’s Record is current.
- Post a reward for your property’s return if you want to offer a reward in addition to your Dynotag’s built-in Good Samaritan Rewards program reward.
- If you have “Password Protected” enabled – you may want to disable it until your pet is back – this way it will be easier for viewers access the tag information.
If you make any changes to your Pet Record, press “Save” on top.
Click “View Record” on the Record Dashboard or click the “view” icon next to one of the attached tags on “My Records” screen. This will open a new browser window displaying your Pet Record exactly as someone else would see. Make sure all the information is displayed properly.
Dynotags are passive – meaning that and all the information and intelligence of the tag is maintained by DCS, the Dynotag Cloud Service. DCS works with the device that views the tag to and uses its electronics and location information. This is why the tags are light, waterproof, shockproof and contain no electronics or batteries to recharge.
To get location information, we will have to wait until someone views the tag on your pet so we get the location of the “viewer” device – which may be a smartphone or another web browser.
If you have email notifications available and enabled on this tag, you will get an email when the tag is viewed.
All views of your tag are “recorded” in your Info Record access log, which you can examine by:
- Signing into your account and clicking on your record – then
- Clicking “Access Log” at the function panel. You will see logging information in your tag as well as a map and a list of accesses with time and IP address or precise location as a google map link if the viewer shared location information.
We do have a more detailed discussion of the location tracking and other FAQs at our documentation site: learn more…
We are looking forward to quick and safe recovery of your pet!